Not available to
|Lesson 1||Break||Lesson 2|
|Monday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15|
|Tuesday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15|
|Wednesday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15|
|Thursday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15|
|Friday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15|
|Levels||Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate, Advanced|
|Course length||10 weeks (2 weeks minimum booking)|
|Hours per week||15 hours|
|Average class size||10|
|Maximum class size||14*|
|Start dates||Any Monday**|
* a maximum of 14 students in most classes but in two of our larger classrooms we allow 16 students on occasions
* * Students are encouraged to join the course at the beginning of the term. Please see our term dates
The 15 hour general English course is designed for students who wish to improve their overall ability to communicate in English.
The course lasts for 10 weeks and comprises 15 hours of tuition per week.
The communicative approach is used with students working in pairs and groups to increase the amount of practice they have. Grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation are taught in a way that helps students communicate in real life situations. Students can expect to learn new grammar and vocabulary every day. Students will also practise the four skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
The school uses the latest coursebooks which teachers adapt to make relevant to their learners’ needs.
Once a week students give feedback on what they have studied and the language that will be taught in the following week.
Regular tests help students to see the progress they have made. Students are given regular 5 minute long ‘spot’ tests in weeks 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 of the course. Longer tests are done in weeks 2, 4, 6 and 8 of the course. A final test is done in week 10 of the course.
Students are expected to complete approximately one hour of homework every day. Practice tests are completed every week in class to monitor progress.
What else is included?
- FREE Placement test to make sure that you join the best class for your level of English
- FREE Individual Learning Plan with activities recommended by your teacher to improve your weakest skills
- FREE Study Club with a teacher from 2:45pm – 3:45pm Monday to Thursday
- FREE Exam classes in the afternoons to meet the needs of specific students (IELTS & FCE)
- FREE Extra classes every term on various topics such as British Culture, Pronunciation and Writing CVs
- FREE Speaking Club every week for one hour with supervision from a teacher
- FREE Academic report with feedback and comments from your teacher upon completing your course
- FREE Certificate of Attendance with CEFR grading and the dates of your course