Trinity CertTESOL (TEFL)
- 20 week part-time course
- Course dates: Next course starts 2nd March 2015
- Classes are mostly held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6-00 to 8-00/8:40pm plus 5 Saturday mornings.
- Cost £950 + £49 admin fee.
- TESOL/TEFL jobs available immediately upon completion of the course. For more information, click here.
Train to teach English as a foreign language with the Trinity Certificate in TESOL.
- Earn an internationally recognised qualification.
- Learn from qualified and experienced trainers.
- Study part-time over 20 weeks.
- Start the next course on 12th January 2015.
- Get a job immediately teaching English overseas
Speak to us today for more information. You can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0113 2883047 . You can even come and see us if you are in the area, just drop into the Burley Road school (LS4 2PU)for an informal chat about the course to find out if it will suit you.
About the TESOL course.
The Trinity College Cert TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Course run by Leeds English Language School in the UK will provide you with an internationally recognised teaching qualification. We aim to prepare trainees for work in the EFL profession by providing an efficient service in a friendly and supportive environment.
This part-time 20 week course, taught by qualified and experienced trainers, provides candidates with a highly practical grounding in teaching techniques and methodology through a combination of instruction, observation and extensive supervised teaching practice.
The course involves over 120 timetabled hours and includes six hours of observed teaching practice with English language students.
The class size is limited to 12 participants, which helps to create a friendly and personal atmosphere. The course is predominantly practical.
Before the course begins you will be expected to undertake some pre-course study and complete a task.
- Hours per Week: 5 – 13 hours approx (1 hour = 60 minutes)
- Age: Minimum age 18
- Length of Course: 20 weeks
- Max. Class Size: 12
- Price: £950 plus £49 admin fee for 20 week part-time course
- Application deadline: 4 weeks before the start of a course. We occasionally interview late applicants who have previous teaching experience and/or a background in languages or linguistics.
- Download an overview of the timetable here.
Why Trinity Cert TESOL?
The Trinity Cert TESOL is an internationally recognised teaching qualification for teaching English to speakers of other languages. It is recognised by the British Council and by language schools worldwide as a suitable initial qualification for Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
The course is designed for those who have little or no experience of teaching English in the contemporary language classroom, and who would like to gain a recognised qualification.
Trinity is one of the principal awarding bodies that validate courses in TESOL. The training equips you with the basic skills and knowledge needed to take up a post as an English Language Teacher overseas and gives you a firm foundation for self-evaluation and further professional development.
A recognised TESOL qualification opens up a world of opportunities. For example, you can go abroad to teach in the Far East, Latin and Central America and Europe. Alternatively, you may wish to stay in the UK and find teaching work. Websites such as www.tefl.com and www.eslcafe.com will give you an idea of what jobs are available.
At the end of the course you will get a Trinity Certificate, LELS Certificate, grade details and a reference.
Only Trinity Cert TESOL and the Cambridge CELTA are recognised worldwide as suitable qualifications to teach English as a foreign or second language.
Why Leeds English Language School?
Leeds English Language School has been providing high quality English courses to students from all over the world since 2001. Our qualified and experienced teachers, trainers and welfare staff are carefully recruited to ensure that we provide a first class learning experience.
Our new centre in Leeds (Burley Hill Trading Estate, Burley Road, Leeds, LS4 2PU) is modern and well-equipped with dedicated facilities for trainee teachers.
Leeds is a safe, friendly and affordable city and was voted ‘best university destination in the UK’. As you’d expect it has great nightlife, shopping and leisure facilities.
Who can join the TESOL course?
The course is suitable for those with no experience of teaching. However, in order to join the course, there are some essential requirements that you need to meet.
- Minimum age: Usually 21, although if you are 18 to 20 we will consider your application
- Qualifications: Preferably a first degree, or at least 2 A-Levels or equivalent.
- Language: The course requires a high level of competence in spoken and written English, whether English is your first or second language, or a foreign language in which you are highly skilled. If English is not your first language, you will need to prove your ability, for example, by achieving IELTS 7 in all four skills, Trinity 10 or equivalent. Your language skills will also be assessed at interview.
You will be interviewed personally by one of our teacher trainers to ensure your suitability for the course before you pay the full course fee. This is a highly intensive, stimulating and absorbing course which makes demands on the participant’s time and energy. You must be prepared to keep other commitments to a minimum for the period of your training.
Can I get help with funding to pay for the course?
Recent graduates may be eligible to apply for a British Council training grant to cover 50% of the cost of tuition fees. For more information, click here.
What do some of our former students think about the TESOL course?
See what others have had to say about the school. Visit Leeds English Language School, Leeds on Qype.
What does learning for a TESOL certificate involve?
Our Trinity Cert TESOL training course is a 20 week, part-time course, consisting of 130 timetabled hours. You will have input sessions for 3 evenings a week with five additional Saturday mornings. The course combines a mixture of lectures, seminars and workshops, led by experienced teachers who will help you prepare for your teaching practice.
Who will teach the TESOL international course?
The LELS TESOL teacher training team are all qualified teaching professionals, with a wealth of experience in the UK and abroad. They are validated by Trinity as trainers for the CertTESOL Course and provide a supportive educational atmosphere in which they can share their commitment and enthusiasm for teaching with you.
The trainers give a high level of tutor support, including formal tutorials, giving you the opportunity to discuss your progress.
We have a resource library that you will have access to. We will give you full details of the resources you will require, plus any extra resources that you may find useful. You will need to buy three books before the course starts. You will need these to complete the pre-course task.
I’m not from Leeds, where can I stay?
We understand the need for a good place to study and relax out of school. We can help you to arrange the following:
- Homestay – stay with a local family
- University halls of residence – with other students
- Hotels and guest houses
How do I apply?
- Please select the start date you require.
- Complete the Application Form and short language test and return it to Leeds English Language School or download the application form, complete it and email it to us.
- When we receive your application, if we consider you to be a suitable candidate, we will contact you and arrange a time for an interview.
- If you are accepted on the course we will require a £200 deposit. This must be paid at least three weeks before the start of the course.
- We will then send you the pre-course task, which you need to complete and then return one week prior to the beginning of the course.
- Full course fees must be paid before the course start date. Course fees are non-refundable.
You can download the application form below:
Application for Trinity Cert TESOL June 2014 (MSWord Document 50k)
Application for Trinity Cert TESOL June 2014(2) (PDF File, 311k)
What if I don’t pass the course?
You can appeal against the decision. Please see the Trinity Appeals and Complaints Procedure: www.trinitycollege.co.uk
Where can I get more information?
Speak to us today for more information. You can email us: email@example.com or call us on 0113 2883046 . You can even come and see us if you are in the area, just drop into the Burley Road school (LS4 2PU) for an informal chat about the course to find out if it will suit you.
Part-time Cert/TESOL timetable
Download our Part-time Cert/TESOL timetable
Can I train further at Leeds English?
In partnership with international communication trainer Benjamin Dobbs, we are pleased to offer weekend training seminars and courses in several key areas of EFL. For more information about Benjamin and the kind of training he provides, click here.