We are sorry to announce that we are postponing our summer school programme for the time being due to concerns of potential risks of travel arising from the news surrounding the coronavirus. Obviously we are very disappointed with the situation, but we feel this is the best way to proceed at the moment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
Making Friends – Exciting Activities – English Tuition
Welcome to The English Experience!
For the third year, Leeds English Language School is working with Camp Xplode to host a summer camp with a difference.
Students will learn English through a mix of formal and informal lessons led by excellent Leeds English teachers. The activities are run by enthusiastic and dedicated Camp Xplode staff.
Images from the Summer School at Leeds Moorlands
Register your interest and we will contact you
Foxhill Drive, Weetwood Lane
Leeds LS16 5PF
Moorlands School is a leading and prestigious independent private school set in outstanding grounds, next to a picturesque woodland in beautiful north Leeds.
The school is hidden from busy roads, but easily accessible from central Leeds. The setting of Moorlands School makes an excellent place for students to learn and to have fun!
The Mount School
York YO24 4DD
The Mount School is an exceptional independent day and boarding school based in the heart of the historical city of York.
With its gothic cathedral, Viking heritage and Roman city walls, York offers a unique English Experience in one of the country’s oldest cities!
Activities may include…
Stay with an English family and experience English family life with Study Links!
Students will be placed with English families within a 3-mile radius of Moorlands School.
The homestay host will provide breakfasts and dinners during the week and three meals on Sunday.
Lunches and snacks will be provided by The English Experience Summer School.
Children will be brought to and from Leeds Moorlands by their homestay host.
They will be well cared for and looked after by the families and get a true cultural experience
by living with an English family and by participating in family activities.
Join The English Experience, without Homestay Accommodation.
Students travelling to Leeds with their parents and/or guardians are welcome
to stay in private accommodation.
Please contact us for the prices – [email protected]
Stay on-site with other students in the beautiful city of York and make friends from around the world!
The English Experience Summer School is open to boys and girls and sleeps 2-3 students per room.
Students will be well cared for and looked after by the Camp Xplode staff and get a unique
English Experience, staying in one of England’s oldest cities!
The English Experience - Leeds Moorlands
- + £50 booking fee (non-refundable)
The English Experience - York Mount
- + £50 booking fee (non-refundable)
Terms and Conditions
- Please note that Leeds English Language School endorses but does not run Camp Xplode.
- Camp Xplode have run activities for local English children since 2011.
- Leeds English Language School is a British Council-accredited school and was established in 2001.
- Students must study for at least one week on The English Experience Summer School.
- All Leeds English Language School staff and Camp Xplode staff are fully qualified and DBS-checked.
- Homestays are arranged through Study Links and all families are thoroughly vetted and DBS-checked. Study Links has over 20 years of experience and is AEGIS-accredited.
- Airport pick up is available at an additional cost.
- All students in homestays will have a 24-hour emergency telephone line provided by Study Links.
- Leeds English will help to arrange your booking from start to finish.