Step 1. Come to Burley Road
On your first day, please come to the Burley Road school (postcode LS4 2PX).
When you arrive, the student services team will be here to welcome you. We will help you to complete your registration forms and take your photo.
Step 2. Do a placement test
- Once you have completed your registration forms, you will be given a placement test:
Part 1: Grammar* (30 minutes) Part 2: Writing* (30 minutes) Part 3: Speaking (5-10 minutes)
*It is also possible to do the grammar and writing sections online before you arrive
- A member of the Academic Management Team will tell you what level you will study
Levels: Beginner – Elementary – Pre-intermediate – Upper-intermediate – Advanced)
- We will give you all the information about your teacher, your classroom and your timetable so you are ready to join the class!
Step 3. Take a tour around the city!
All new students are invited to join a guided tour of Leeds city centre on their first day. This usually happens on Monday afternoon at around 12:30pm. This tour is not obligatory, but many students find it useful, and it is completely free!
The tour usually includes:
- The central post office
- The biggest supermarkets and Leeds City Market
- Leeds train station
- Leeds bus station and the useful bus stops around the city
- STA student travel centre (where you can buy a student card)
Your school induction
All new students have a new student induction meeting. This usually takes place in your first week. It is a detailed introduction to the school and an opportunity to ask questions about the following: