ADoS (Assistant Director of Studies)
Job Summary ADoS
The main responsibilities of the ADoS are:
- Supporting the DoS with student placement, recruitment and management of teaching staff, including observations.
- Academic teacher support, including CPD
- Contributing to course development and in-house training sessions
- Organising and maintaining resources and study materials
- Teaching as agreed with the Director of Studies – up to 15 hours a week as needed but generally only includes teaching cover classes.
- Student academic support
Leeds English Language School are looking to recruit a TEFLQ (e.g. DELTA) qualified Assistant Director of Studies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to complete all associated paperwork within agreed time frames
- Ability to work in a team and be self-motivated
- Ability to communicate information clearly and to maintain effective communication with colleagues and external contacts at all level
- Ability and willingness to take on new projects and tasks
- Ability to work to own initiative and under pressure
- Evidence of and interest in professional development
- Proven aptitude and commitment to developing others
- A flexible attitude and a willingness to support colleagues at busy times
- TEFLQ (Eg. DELTA)
- A minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience
- A degree (Level 6)
- Native or near native competence in English (CEFR C1 or C2).
- Must undergo DBS check (formerly CRB) and comply with Safeguarding and Prevent Policies
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- A Master’s degree (Level 7) / DELTM (working towards or intention to undertake)
- Minimum two years’ management experience
Salary and Benefits
The ADoS role is up to 40 hours a week and the starting salary is £ 23,500 pa
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this post to [email protected]