Jobs at Leeds English
Job Opportunities at Leeds English
- Full-time EFL Teachers As one of the largest employers of EFL teachers in Leeds, we are always looking for qualified and dedicated teachers for short-term cover work which may lead on to a more long-term position on our intensive courses (21 hours per week)
- Part-time EFL Teachers (cover work) Please get in touch if you are a qualified EFL teacher looking for casual cover teaching work in Leeds.
- NEW! Evening Class teachers We are interested in hearing from qualified teachers who are available to teach our new weekly evening classes which take place on Wednesdays from 6pm – 8pm (2 hours per week)
- Online IELTS teachers We are also looking for teachers to provide IELTS training online via our online learning platform. If you are looking for flexible teaching work that can be done from home (wherever you are in the world!) then please get in touch. See www.my-iteacher.com for information about our online courses.
Our minimum requirements for teaching work are:
- Trinity CertTESOL, CELTA or equivalent
- To teach on our full time courses teaches must have at least two years’ full-time post qualification teaching experience
Applications from candidates with the Trinity diploma/DELTA or MA TESOL qualification are particularly welcome.
For our full-time teaching positions, we offer a higher than industry-standard annual salary of £21,630 with 34 days’ paid holiday, or pro-rata equivalent for part-time teachers. Teachers on salaried contracts are also included in our workplace pension scheme and the salary bonus scheme.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Work for Leeds English?
What could I add to my CV after working for Leeds English?
- Experience of teaching General English to multi-national classes in an English-speaking environment
- Experience of teaching learners of different levels of ability
- Experience of preparing students for the Academic IELTS exam and the Cambridge FCE exam.
- In-house professional development sessions and the chance to design and carry out your own action research projects
- Ability to create and deliver stimulating classes using audiovisual equipment and projectors
- Experience of working in a school with high standards of student welfare and high levels of student satisfaction
- Knowledge and practical experience of using Google Chrome for Education.
- Experience of delivering teacher development sessions to colleagues
- Creating online blended learning courses using Moodle.
Leeds English is the largest private language school in Leeds. We have a staff of around 25 full-time employees. We currently employ over 12 full time salaried teachers as well as a number of casual and part-time teachers. Many of our full-time salaried teachers began their careers at Leeds English as cover teachers. There are often initial opportunities for part-time work, cover work, overtime and online teaching. All our teaching takes place in school between 9am and 5pm from Monday to Friday, so there are no split-shifts or anti-social hours.
There are often opportunities for promotion. We like to promote from within the school and all members of our management team previously worked in other roles at the school.
We have also increased our student services team and have recently taken on an IT apprentice as our business has grown.
Leeds English Language School is known for its high quality teaching and excellent customer service. Over 60% of our students come to the school as a result of recommendations from former students. The Independent Schools Inspectorate awarded Leeds English its highest grade in all areas. The British Council inspectors awarded Leeds English areas of strength in 6 categories.
The school is very well-equipped. All staff have access to their own laptop computers and there are two class sets of Chromebooks which can be used during lessons. We currently have projectors fitted in all classrooms. The school also has its own Virtual Learning Environment, a web-based database and an email system for all staff and students.
The school has a strong culture of training and development. We want you to develop personally and professionally as much as possible. Teacher development sessions are led by the Director of Studies approximately twice a month at our Burley Road site and full-time teachers work towards creating a portfolio of development work. Part-time teachers are welcome to join in this programme if they wish.
Other staff also have regular development plans and appraisal interviews. If you are sufficiently experienced and wish to give a development seminar or workshop to your colleagues, there are ample opportunities to do so. In addition to in-house development, the school regularly pays for employees to attend conferences such as the annual English UK conference held in London. We also provide support to employees who wish to work towards higher-level qualifications like the Dip:TESOL or DELTA.
Leeds English prides itself on its friendly and welcoming environment, and staff support is taken seriously. The Director of Studies will provide a full induction before your first day in the classroom, and advice and support is always available to members of staff. All new teachers at the school are assigned an experienced teacher as a mentor to guide them in their first few weeks of teaching.
Are you looking for a teaching job abroad?
We can help you find work elsewhere
We are working with a trusted local partner who are highly experienced in recruiting EFL teachers worldwide.
Find out more about jobs abroad.