- Located in the centre of the UK, it is the third-largest city after London and Birmingham with a population of over 750,000 residents
- Leeds has its own international airport with direct flights to over 70 destinations and connections to hundred of cities
- It is well connected with a quick and easy transport service to the rest of the country
- With three fantastic universities, Leeds has the fourth-largest student population in the country
- It is situated in the heart of Yorkshire, a world-famous region full of history, beauty and charm
- Leeds has over 1000 retail stores found in the city’s pedestrian zone, with two modern commercial centres and traditional Victorian arcades
- There are hundreds of cafes and restaurants where you can enjoy food from all over the world
- Leeds has the largest covered market in all of Europe where you can buy fresh fruit, vegetables, meat and fish.
- One of the friendliest British cities, it’s the perfect place to learn English!
- Leeds is recognised internationally as a leading centre for learning, with a total student population of over 200,000.
- Voted ‘Best university destination in the UK‘ by The Independent newspaper.
- Three universities of international renown – the University of Leeds, Leeds Metropolitan University, and Leeds Trinity University, with a combined total of over 130,000 full and part-time students.
- Ten colleges of higher and further education, including Leeds College of Art and Design, Leeds College of Music and Notre Dame Sixth Form College, with a combined total of 78,000 students.
Cultural and entertainment centre
- Theatres, museums like the award winning Royal Armouries, galleries such as the Leeds City Art Gallery
- Sites of historical interest like Kirkstall Abbey, and one of the UK’s finest stately homes, Harewood House
- The new 13,500 capacity Leeds Arena, opened in 2013
- Fantastic nightlife
- Modern shopping facilities like the state-of-the-art Trinity Quarter, opened in 2012
- Multiplex cinemas and restaurants specialising in food from around the world
- Sporting venues like Headingley International Cricket Ground and Headingley Rugby Ground (home to the World Club champions 2102, Leeds Rhinos) and the famous Elland Road football stadium, home of Leeds United
What others say about Leeds
- Best place in Britain to live
Henley Management College ‘Urban Behaviours’ study
- Visitor city of the year
The Good Britain Guide
- Most cost-effective place to study in Britain
RBS Student Living Index
- Best university destination
- UK’s most female friendly city
Future Laboratories ‘Tigra Town’ Research
- UK’s best shopping destination
Rough Guide to Britain
- One of the UK’s top cities for restaurants
Which? Good Food Guide
- More public green space per child than any other city in the UK
The Children’s Society
- UK’s leading centre for business and financial services outside London
ONS Annual Business Inquiry
- UK’s most important legal centre outside London
UK Legal 500