Students under 18
Leeds English Language School welcomes students aged 17+ throughout the year.
Although the majority of our students are 18+ we can offer courses to 17-year-olds, who will be monitored and supported by our welfare staff during their studies
- All 17-year-olds will be required to stay in a homestay unless they are living with family members and have completed relevant consent forms.
- All 17-year-olds must adhere to the LELS under 18 Homestay and Accommodation Rules.
- All 17-year-olds must pay particular attention to what time they must return home in the evening and at weekends.
- They will study in classes with students who are aged 18+
- They will need to travel unsupervised to and from school
- They will not be supervised on breaks during school hours but a welfare officer will be available to speak to them throughout the school day
- Students can attend some social activities (dependent on age requirements and appropriateness), and although they will be supervised during the activity or trip they will not be supervised on their travel to and from home
- Students will be obliged to attend weekly welfare meetings
- Students will have a 24-hour telephone number for any emergencies
- Students will be issued with the general school handbook and an additional handbook relevant to their age