Work for Leeds English Language School
Current vacancies (2)
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF STUDIES (STUDENT ACADEMIC SUPPORT)
Looking for a role which allows your experience of teaching and student support to flourish?
If so, there is an exciting opportunity for you to join the academic team at Leeds English Language School.
You are DELTA qualified and are ready to commit to a potential long-term role in a successful, high quality school.
Details of Position
- To work with the academic and welfare team to promote learning throughout the student journey, paying particular attention to students who are not reaching their targets.
- To encourage and motivate students to enable them to get the most out of studying in the UK.
- To work with and guide teachers on conducting differentiated learning sessions and producing individual learning plans.
- To assist in producing supplementary materials for differentiated learning.
- To monitor student use of, and progress on, the Cambridge Learning Management System (CLMS).
- To assist in level testing when required.
- To ensure academic reports are written to standard and sent to the respective stakeholders.
- To maintain accurate records of interactions with students and teachers.
- To cover when teachers are absent due to sickness or other short-term reasons.
- Regular working hours are 8:30 to 5:00, Monday to Friday.
Should have at least 3 years’ experience post-CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL qualification.
Preferably has experience of working in a management and or student support role.
Preferably has experience teaching learners of different nationalities, especially Arabic speakers.
Preferably has experience of using Google Drive and associated Google apps.
Salary and Benefits
Initial £24,000 rising to £26,165 after probationary period
Looking for a role which allows your dynamic approach, creativity and enthusiasm for teaching English to flourish?
Experienced but still curious about developing further as a teacher?
If so, there is an exciting opportunity for you to join the teaching team at Leeds English Language School.
You are DELTA qualified or sufficiently experienced to show DELTA teaching standard in the classroom, and are ready to commit to a potential long-term role in a successful, high-quality school.
- Teaching General English and/or IELTS preparation classes
- Up to 21 contact hours per week
- Setting and marking of homework and tests
- Writing reports
- Completing admin
Regular working hours are 8-30 to 4-30, Monday to Thursday and 8-30 to 3-30 on Friday.
- Should have at least 3 years’ experience post-CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL qualification
- DELTA is preferred but not essential
- Preferably has experience teaching IELTS preparation
- Preferably has experience teaching Arabic speakers
Classroom teaching at Leeds English
Partner opportunities (1)