Intensive General English (21 hours per week)
|Lesson 1||Break||Lesson 2||Lunch||Lesson 3|
|Monday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Tuesday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Wednesday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Thursday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Friday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||–|
Looking for a course with less hours? Part-time course details(15 hours per week)
|Levels||Beginner, Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced|
|Course length||10 weeks (2 weeks minumum booking)|
|Hours per week||21 hours|
|Average class size||10|
|Maximum class size||14*|
|Start dates||Any Monday**|
* a maximum of 14 students in most classes but in two of our larger classrooms we allow 16 students on occasions
* * Students are encouraged to join the course at the beginning of the term. Please see our term dates
Students study a General English course during the two morning classes, followed by Academic Skills lessons in the afternoons.
General English lessons
A communicative approach is used with students working in pairs and groups to increase the amount of practice they have. Grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation are taught in a way that helps students communicate in real life situations. Students can expect to learn new grammar and vocabulary every day. The school uses the latest course books which teachers adapt to make relevant to their learners’ needs.
Academic Skills lessons
The afternoon lessons each focus on a different academic skill: reading, writing, listening or speaking. Topics include:
- Giving presentations and taking part in discussions
- Making notes in lectures
- Understanding complex texts
- Constructing paragraphs and essays
NB: There is no set textbook for the afternoon classes. Instead the course is taught using supplementary materials.
Homework and assessment
Students are expected to complete approximately one hour of homework every day. Regular tests help students to see the progress they have made, with regular ‘spot tests’ in weeks 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 of the term. Longer tests are done in weeks 2, 4, 6 and 8, and a final exam is done in week 10 of the term.
What else is included?
- FREE Placement test to make sure that you join the best class for your level of English
- FREE Individual Learning Plan with activities recommended by your teacher to improve your weakest skills
- FREE Guided Self-study in the library after school from 2:45pm – 3:45pm Monday to Thursday with a teacher available
- FREE Exam classes in the afternoons to meet the needs of specific students (IELTS & FCE)
- FREE Extra classes every term on various topics such as British Culture, Pronunciation and CV writing
- FREE Speaking Club every week for one hour (with supervision from a teacher)
- FREE 100 hours of online English practice available for 3 months after your course finishes click for more details
- FREE Academic report with feedback and comments from your teacher upon completing your course
- FREE Certificate of Attendance with CEFR grading and the dates of your course