Intensive General English Course (21 Hours per Week)
Leeds English is the first and original English school in Leeds – established 2001. Intensive General English has always been one of our most popular courses. Crafted by EFL experts over a period of 16 years, it is designed for students who are prepared to work hard to improve their general level of English relatively quickly.
|Lesson 1||Break||Lesson 2||Lunch||Lesson 3|
|Monday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Tuesday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Wednesday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Thursday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Friday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||–|
|Levels||Beginner, Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced|
|Course length||10 weeks (2 weeks minumum booking)|
|Hours per week||21 hours|
|Average class size||10|
|Maximum class size||14*|
|Start dates||Any Monday**|
* a maximum of 14 students in most classes but in two of our larger classrooms we allow 16 students on occasions
* * Students are encouraged to join the course at the beginning of the term. Please see our term dates
EU & Turkish Students
We are doing special discounts for January and February 2018! Call us on o1132883047 to find out more.
A communicative approach is used with students working in pairs and groups to increase the amount of practice they have. Grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation are taught in a way that helps students communicate in real life situations. Students can expect to learn new grammar and vocabulary every day. The school uses the latest course books which teachers adapt to make relevant to their learners’ needs.
Homework and Assessment
Students are expected to complete approximately one hour of homework every day. Regular tests help students to see the progress they have made, with regular ‘spot tests’ in weeks 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 of the term. Longer tests are done in weeks 2, 4, 6 and 8, and a final exam is done in week 10 of the term.
What else is included?
- FREE Placement test to make sure that you join the best class for your level of English
- FREE Individual Learning Plan with activities recommended by your teacher to improve your weakest skills
- FREE Study Club with a teacher from 2:45pm – 3:45pm Monday to Thursday
- FREE Exam classes in the afternoons to meet the needs of specific students (IELTS & FCE)
- FREE Extra classes every term on various topics such as British Culture, Pronunciation and CV writing
- FREE Speaking Club every week for one hour (with supervision from a teacher)
- FREE Academic report with feedback and comments from your teacher upon completing your course
- FREE Certificate of Attendance with CEFR grading and the dates of your course