Intensive IELTS – 21 hours per week
Leeds English is proud to be internationally renowned for quality IELTS provision. Our highly effective 21 hour per week intensive IELTS programme has proven results, and is designed for students who are prepared to work hard to get a higher IELTS score in a shorter time period.
|Lesson 1||Break||Lesson 2||Lunch||Lesson 3|
|Monday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Tuesday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Wednesday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Thursday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||45 minutes||13:00 – 14:30|
|Friday||9:00 – 10:30||15 minutes||10:45 – 12:15||–|
|Levels||Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced|
|Course length||10 weeks (2 weeks minumum booking)|
|Hours per week||21 hours|
|Average class size||10|
|Maximum class size||14*|
|Start dates||Any Monday**|
* a maximum of 14 students in most classes but in two of our larger classrooms we allow 16 students on occasions
* * Students are encouraged to join the course at the beginning of the term. Please see our term dates
The IELTS Preparation course is designed for students who are planning to take the Academic version of the IELTS exam in the near future. The course is usually run at B1+ to C1 level for students who need an IELTS score of 5.5 to 7.5. In order to join the course, students must have already achieved an Intermediate level of English.
The course focusses on the following:
- Exam techniques for all four papers (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
- Practice of different types of question (e.g. multiple choice, multiple matching, short answer on the reading paper)
- Common errors and areas of language that students need to improve in the speaking and writing papers
- Personalised feedback on written essays and speaking tests
- Practice of doing tests under exam conditions once a week
Classes follow a course book which students receive upon joining the course and the teacher will also provide supplementary practice materials. Teachers focus on the individual needs of the students in their classes. For example, teachers may divide the class into small groups at times to help students with particular areas of difficulty.
Homework and assessment
Students are expected to complete approximately one hour of homework every day. Practice tests are completed every week in class to monitor progress.
What else is included?
- FREE Placement test to make sure that you join the best class for your level of English
- FREE Study Club with a teacher from 2:45pm – 3:45pm Monday to Thursday
- FREE Extra exam classes in the afternoons (IELTS & FCE)
- FREE Extra classes every term on various topics such as British Culture, Pronunciation and Writing CVs
- FREE Speaking Club every week for one hour with supervision from a teacher
- FREE Academic report with feedback and comments from your teacher upon completing your course
- FREE Certificate of Attendance with CEFR grading and the dates of your course
- FREE Road to IELTS Online programme 100 hours extra practice tests and exercises online
“Being a doctor, it is of utmost importance to understand and employ every little detail my patients tell me in order to make the correct diagnosis, and having to speak a foreign language makes it more challenging. Studying at Leeds English Language School helped me improve my language skills. Now I am much more confident – and comfortable – speaking English, and having achieved an IELTS score of 7.5 is the perfect cherry on top!”
Tarek Al Mugassabi – IELTS 7.5